Wednesday, June 11, 2008

oops

On Monday afternoon, I took Lucy for a drive out to my parents. She wasn't wanting to nap and I thought a drive would at least get her a little bit of sleep. I left and Dan was working down in the basement on decals. After I got home, Dan had some news to tell me. Apparently, about 30 minutes after I left Dan heard the door open upstairs and heard footsteps and voices. At first he thought I was back home, but then her heard mulitple voices. Not sure what was going on, He came upstairs just in time to find a realtor with clients walking through our kitchen. Thank goodness Dan was home and caught them. I was not expecting anyone that day and therefore Lucy's toys were all over the living room floor, her exersaucer and swing were out in the middle of the room, my bed wasn't made and there was stuff on the table and counters. The house wasn't a total disaster, but it sure wasn't presentable for a showing. The realtor even asked Dan if they could go ahead a look around since they were already there. Dan told her that the house wasn't picked up and they'd have to come back.
Our realtor called to apologize after realizing what had happened. She said there had been some miscommunication between them. These people were looking at a few houses that day and thought that our house was open to see. OOPS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your realtor should be falling all over herself apologizing for that. Moving is such a PITA...on so many levels.

Anonymous said...

MOre than once a friend has told me this story, but ended with can you believe they were the people that bought my house. It looks lived in and they can relate.

Becky said...

trying to deal with everyone else's schedule can be a pain when showing the house.