Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The swap

Over the weekend we swapped out our nice appliances with the older ones that came with our new home. We didn't want to go through the headache of trying to sell this house without appliances because any buyer we had was going to want to try and keep them. I don't blame them, they are nice appliances. So on Sunday afternoon with the help of Mike and Pastor Matt, Dan traded the fridge and stove. The job was long and tedious. The doors off both refrigerators had to come off in order to get them in, and out, of each house. And once in place the door had to go back on. So after 4 long hours, the job was done. However, for me, the job was just beginning. Since we are now having to use these older appliances, they had to be cleaned. Let me just tell you, they were DISGUSTING! I am guessing they are both about 7-8 years old since that is how old the house is. I honestly do not think that either appliance had ever been cleaned. I was cleaning out dust bunnies from the inside of the fridge. Yes, INSIDE! I wanted to vomit-it was that bad.
It's one thing to clean your own dirt and grime, but when it's someone elses, it's down right gross!
Once I got done with the fridge I had to tackle the oven. The bottom was mostly black from all the baked on food and dirt. I cleaned the outside and then sprayed EasyOff and let it sit about 12 hours. I finally got it as clean as it's going to get.
I just hope our house sells soon...

1 comment:

Becky said...

have you had any other nibbles besides the low ballers?