I have been thinking alot during the last 24 hours about this whole house selling business. The more I think about it, the more irritated I get.
Yesterday we had a lady make an offer but it was extremely low and she was asking for our washer/dryer, our extra fridge in the basement, our kitchen appliances, and all window treatments, and a few other things that would naturally come with the house. Call me selfish, but I want to keep my things. I realize people negotiate other things when buying homes, but I don't know why it's expected that we should just be willing to give away our belongings that we worked so hard to buy. I would hate to lose a potential buyer over the curtains in my living room, but darn it, it took me forever to find ones that I liked and JCP doesn't sell them anymore. So it's not like I could go buy new ones.
So buy my house, not my things!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
the heck of it is, most people ask for window treatments, simply so they will have something covering the windows until they order the ones to their own taste. Seriously. Every time we have bought a house I have asked for the window treatments, simply so I can avoid hanging sheets in every window. Two or three months later when I order curtains, I sell the ones that came with the house in a garage sale, donate them or use them for rags. Stand your ground if you don't want to let them go. The appliances may make or break a deal, but curtains won't. If they like the house, they will want it regardless of whether or not your curtains come with it.
Well,the nice blinds we bought are staying so that's why I am determined to keep my curtains.
we removed all of our nice draperies before putting our houses on the market....and our nice expensive chandeliers....and our nice appliances ;)
BEFORE anyone looked at the house
We close on our new house the Wed. and so we are going to swap those appliances with our nice ones. That way we can include appliances with the house, but they won't get our expensive ones. It just irritates me though!
Post a Comment