Here's the lastest pregnancy news. If you're tired of reading about all this, too bad. :)
Today was my doctor's appt. I normally go on Monday's so that Dan can join without taking time off work. However, since Monday's a holiday, the lady scheduled me for today. At this appt, I was getting another ultra-sound and taking the 1hour glucose test.
The ultra-sound was fun and baby girl is doing well. Everything looks good. She's just so active. I'm hoping that's not a foreshadowing for things to come. Dan and I may be in for it....
And then came the lovely glucose test. For those of you who don't know, they make you drink a 10 oz bottle of this sugary drink to see how your body handles the sugar and if you'll have gestational diabetes. Oh, and they only give you 5 minutes to get the whole bottle down. FUN!
I am able to drink the whole bottle fairly quickly and then I have to wait and wait and wait. Finally I see the doctor and she's looking over my chart and tells me that they scheduled me too early for the glucose test. At 25 weeks 4 days, the results won't be accurate. So, I have to retake the test at my next appt. GREAT! This was so much fun that I now get to do it again! My question is, why didn't the receptionist know that she was scheduling me too early. She knew I was getting a glucose test! She handed me the slip of paper with the "rules" on them. She should have known!!!!!!
On the plus side, I get a few more weeks of eating whatever I want and not having to worry.
Oh, and for those of you keeping track, I only gained 2 lbs this time! Yahoo!! So that puts me at a total of 19 lbs.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't you have any pictures you can post of the lil' kitty?
the glucose test made meill. I felt drunk.
I took the first one and they said I was borderline so they made me take the long one. Turns out, the first one was incorrect because I wasn't scheduled for it, they did it on the fly and I had just had lunch on my way to the appointment. geesh. some nurses....
Post a Comment