This has turned into a funny story to tell, however as it was happening, it was anything but!
Last Friday morning at about 2am, Dan and I were jolted from our sleep by a loud crashing sound. We both jumped up out of bed and looked around. I grabbed the phone so I'd have it in case I needed to dial 911. I was scared to death. I thought someone had tried to kick the door in, or thrown something through a basement window. As my heart was about to pound out of my chest, Dan and I slowly made our way to each room and checked all the doors and windows. I wasn't about to let him go searching alone in case there really was someone in the house. I had the phone remember?? Everything was locked tight and all the windows were fine, so we made our way back to the bedroom completely puzzled as to what made that horrendous noise. We turned on the bedroom light and I checked my closet and then I suggested that Dan check his closet. I thought, maybe something fell off the shelf. When we opened the door we discovered what had made the loud crashing sound. Dan's entire closet system had fallen out of the wall and crashed to the floor. So there we were, after 2am picking up his clothes off the floor and trying to find room in my closet and the nursery closet to hang his stuff. Thankfully, that's all it was and we weren't faced with an intruder. However, it did take me a good hour to get back to sleep because it took awhile for my heart to settle back down, Dan on the other hand fell back asleep almost immediately.
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry that I scared you the other night. . .I just wanted a piece of that apple pie
Post a Comment