I've been planning my monthly grocery shopping trip this morning. I'm not quite done, but I won't be going till tomorrow so I have some time. I'm glad to finally get back in the swing of things after all the horrible pregnancy woes earlier on.
Since last fall, I decided to start planning my meals so that I wasn't faced everyday with the question of "What am I going to make for dinner?". I have to say that for me it works great and I love it when I'm organized. I made a template on the computer and so for each week I have a paper with the days of the week and plenty of room to fill in my menu. I usually plan for 4 weeks of meals and then I go shopping. Now, of course there will be a few things that I can't get till the last minute, but I get the bulk of my shopping done and out the way. I have found that I actually spend less money when I do this. Dan appreciates that!!!
I got out of the groove in April when the morning sickness began and even though I've felt good the last 10 weeks, my laziness took over and now it's time to get going again.
When I tell people about my menus I get some surprised reponses. Some are amazed that I can think about meals that far in advanced, and I often get the question, "What if you're not in the mood for you planned to fix"? Well, I'm flexible. I always have the option to switch meals around if something comes up or we just don't feel like having "meatloaf" that night. But for the most part, it's never been a problem.
I'm going to try and keep this up after the baby gets here. I will probably have to modify my plan a bit and do a bit of trial and error. I think it'll work though.
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it will work just fine.
I try to do regular grocery shopping every other week and giant Sam's club type shopping once/month. I then also do occassional stock-up-on-fresh-and-exotic-fruit-and-vegtables runs.
I plan too. I'll join your freak show :D
Just be sure to never paint yourself in the corner with this statement, "When I have kids, I'm going to. . . "
It will bite you in the butt :)
Post a Comment