Tip #28 ?? Where are the other 27?? Dont' worry, you didn't miss anything, I just thought it sounded better to start with a higher number rather than #1.
Here's my tip for the day:
To keep opened boxes of crackers or open bags of chips from going stale. Store them in the freezer. They will stay crisp and last for months. Heck, probably a few years...ok, maybe not, but you get the idea.
I do this all the time. If Dan and I open a bag of chips and I don't think we'll eat them all before they go stale, I'll close the bag tightly and place it in a freezer bag and put it in our freezer. Just today I opened a big bag of animal crackers. I poured 3/4 of them in a ziplock bag and put them in the freezer. now I don't have to worry about thowing them out in a month when we've still got 1/2 a bag left.
We are fortunate to have a big upright freezer in the garage. This allows me to stock up and buy in bulk when I want to. It was actually one of the first things we bought with our wedding money.
So there you go. Maybe I'll come up with tip #29 soon.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tip #29 - - Don't forget that you put all that crap in freezer. (because that's what I would do.)
That's why an upright freezer is great. It's easy to see what's in there. I'd never know what we had if it was a chest freezer, things would get burried in no time. I have a pretty good idea of the inventory in my freezer.
Post a Comment