After 7 months of living in this house, I finally got around to painting our bedroom. I couldn't decide on a color so I kept putting it off. I wanted to find bedding first and then pick a wall color. In our trip to IKEA I found a really cute duvet cover and finally I had some inspiration.
Here's a before picture:
This wall color was a dark sage green. What I hated about it was that it was a flat paint. So any light in the room just got sucked into the wall. It was also extremely dirty. There were marks and splatters all over it. So gross. I also had to repaint the trim and freshen it up as it was just as dirty as the walls.
Here's the after:
It's a light blue. I love the combination of light blue and red. I'm not thrilled with my furniture. but I'm hoping that my wonderful husband will soon get started on making my new headboard-out of an old door. I think I'll paint it an off white or black, I haven't decided. I am also going to paint the nightstands at some point. That way the headboard and night stands will match. I haven't decided what to do with the other pieces. I hate to paint them. I may look for an older piece of furniture when 3rd sunday market starts again. We will eventually have a guest room in the basement so this furniture can go in there. There's still alot to do. I need to hang picutes and find curtains, but at least I don't feel like I'm sleeping in a cave anymore.
2 comments:
I like the room. When we can finally do ours I've thought about a light grey/blue or tan. Where did you find your duvet cover? Cute. There is so much modern stuff out there, and while I like some of it, that style will not go w/our furniture.
I like your comforter but how did you convince Dan with the floral print? Randy would never allow flowers in the bedroom so it's hard to find anything I really like.
Post a Comment