Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pancakes

In my effort to be more healthy, I made Lucy some pancakes tonight. I wasn't planning on having them for dinner, I wanted to put them in the freezer for a quick breakfast. But, since I was doing this around 5pm and Lucy was getting hungry, I let her have pancakes for dinner. She devoured 2 1/2 good sized pancakes along with some strawberries. She must have liked them.
I thought I would share the recipe with you in case you'd like to try them. And, I will say that I don't even like pancakes very much and I thought they were quite tastey.

Whole Wheat Pancakes

In a large bowl combine:

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)

In another bowl combine:

1 1/2 c. milk (I used 1 1/4 c. for a thicker pancake)
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 eggs beaten
Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently whisk. Cook on a hot gridle using a 1/4 c. of batter for each pancake.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These were pretty good and I don't even like pancakes. But, I liked the cinnamon in it and just sprayed butter on them because I don't like syrup. The girls liked them too. They were REALLY thin and used about 1 1/3 cups of milk.