Dan and I have been working hard this past week to get some projects done around the house. We fianlly got the basement ceilings, walls, foundation ledges and the floor painted. What a world of difference paint makes. It no longer feels like a 1926 basement. There's still more to be done, but the big project of painting is over.
I was able to get some shrubs planted in the new beds that we had put in around the house. I need to get a few more because it seems a bit bare on one corner and I still need to mulch everything. But, it's starting to look so much better. The landscapers finished up the flower beds in the back of the yard and around the gargage. I think we'll wait till next year to put the flowers in. We've spent enough money on the yard for one summer. The landscapers will have to come back and level the yard so we can plant new grass. Having new grass will make such a big difference-I can't wait to see it when it's all done.
I wanted to post pics of our improvements but Blogger is having issues with picture uploads. I'll have to try again later.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment