Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It finally happened to me...

You've all heard stories from the women in your life about a time when they lost their wedding ring. Well, now I have my own story to tell and hopefully it'll be the only story for the rest of my life.

Last Sunday I picked up my mom and my sister in law because we were all going to a baby shower. My mom and I were sitting in the car at SIL's house waiting for her to come out the door and my mom who recently broke her arm asked if I would help her put lotion on her good arm. (My dad gets grossed out by lotion so he wouldn't do it). So I took off my ring and sat it in my lap and proceeded to lotion up her arm. After I was done with that I wasn't sure if SIL knew we were in her driveway cause we'd been sitting there for awhile. I decided to hop out and go to the door to get her and I forgot the ring was on my lap!

My SIL comes out and we get in the car and we head off to the baby shower and I am completely unaware that my ring is gone.

Once we get to the shower and I walked in the door I realized that I had lost my ring. I then start to panic and of course I am now crying at the realization. I frantically call my brother and I am trying to explain to him through my sobbing that I think my ring may be in his gravel driveway. While I was still on the phone with him, he stepped outside to look and in a few minutes he had found it! I was so relieved. That's what we have insurance for, but still a replacement would never have been the same.

Moral of this story, I won't put lotion on my mom's arm while in the car. :) And I will be more careful where I take off my ring.

No comments: