I don't typically make resolutions at the beginning of each new year. I'm sure I've made some in the past that didn't make it to February, but the only resolution that I can remember every being successful at was about 12 years ago. I had decided that for one year I was going to send every member of my family ( on my mom's side only) a birthday card. Sounds easy enough, but I have about 35-40 aunts, uncles and cousins. It wasn't cheap either, but I did it and I think I was on time for most of them.
This year I have a few things that I would like to change. One of my goals for this year is to turn the TV off more. I don't watch much tv anymore. There aren't any primetime shows that I care about watching and I don't have specific shows I watch during the day, but the tv is on most of the day. I like the background noise it provides, but I'm trying hard to turn the radio on and the TV off.
Another goal I have is to eat less processed food. Ever since Lucy has started eating table foods, I just don't feel good about giving her boxed, processed foods. We haven't given up all boxed foods like crackers and such, but I buy a great deal less than I used to. If I want mac-n-cheese, or waffles or pancakes, then I make it from scratch. I wouldn't say we eat super healthy, but I figure it's a start. I like knowing the ingredients that are going in my food.
Maybe next year I'll be able to give up my diet coke addiction... I can't do everything all at once. Babysteps. Babysteps.
Friday, January 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey it's been a long time since SIU! I enjoyed reading your blog. hope you are well. Cheryl
Kristin,
Let me know how you made Lucy's baby food. I remember something about ice cube trays.
I am thinking about making Will's baby food.
Kim
I could never turn my back on Diet Coke. Bite your tongue!
Post a Comment