Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Meeting the neighbors

Dan and I have now lived in our new home for about 6 weeks. In that time we've had 2 different sets of neighbors come by with a plate of goodies and welcome us to the neighborhood. It's kind of funny though, the people who live on either side of us have yet to show their faces. Anyway, it's been nice to know there are a few friendly people on the street. One of the neighbors, Rachel, that came by lives about 4 houses down and has a daughter that just turned one in August. We seemed to hit off just from our 5 minute conversation at my door. She is super nice and we have already had our first playdate. From what she's told me, Lucy is the only other baby on the street close in age to her daughter Elizabeth. I can already picture them in a few years running back an forth between houses and riding the school bus together. I am glad Lucy will have a little friend to play with.

3 comments:

Becky said...

maybe the two girls will play Barbies together all the time in Lucy's room and make tape recordings of themselves having the Barbies dialogue with each other.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you still remembered doing that. LOL... I actually still have an old tape of me doing just that. I don't think you're on this one though. Doesn't it sound old to say "tape recorded"??? Ha, I guess we are old!!

Becky said...

There is a song by Corinne Bailey Rae in which there is a line that says, "Girl put your records on, tell me your favorite song..."

Maggie, upon hearing this said, "what's a record?"

That day, I felt quite old.