Friday, September 12, 2008

new trick

Lucy has learned a new trick this week. It's something she's been working toward for awhile, but finally, she can do it. Lucy has learned to sit up on her own. Now, she's been sitting by herself for over a month now, but she would be in that position because we sat her down that way. What she has figured out is how to go from lying down to sitting up. What is funny about it is the way she does it. I've been around lots of babies and have never seen one do what she does. Most babies will get to a sitting position from being on their tummy. They'll get on all fours and then push themselves back to a sit. Lucy's figured out a different way. She will roll onto her side and prop herself up on her arm and from there she will use her arm and lots of tummy muscles to pull herself up to a sitting position. She did it once last week and we thought it was a fluke. Today she was able to do it several times. I haven't been able to capture it on video yet. When I do I'll post it so you all can see it.

No comments: