Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lingo

In previous posts I've mentioned that I frequent internet message boards. The boards I visit are parenting boards and I get to chat with other moms of 6-12 month olds. As a stay at home mom, it's really nice to get some adult conversation, even if it is with people I don't know and can't actually see. Mostly I lurk and read the threads. I will ask questions and give answers if I think I may be helpful. Anyway, my point with this post is that there is a whole other language out there in cyberspace. When I first started checking out the message boards I had a difficult time decoding what I was reading. I am sure some of this lingo also goes along with texting, but as I am not really into that at the moment, I can't say for sure. I am still learning the lingo, but here are a few "words" for you.

dh= dear husband... or if you're mad at him, use another D word in there.
dd= darling daughter
ds= darling son
poas= pee on a stick (pregnacy boards)
fffc= flame free friday confessions
lmao= laughing my a-- off
tia= thanks in advance
pip=pic in post
lip= link in post
mil=mother in law
fil= father in law
wdyt= what do you think
kwim= know what i mean
mud= made up drama
bfn= big fat negative
bfp= big fat postive

This is just a sampling of the internet lingo I have picked up. It's funny because I find myself wanting to say DH in real life. Sad, but true.

Feel free to add any more that you know.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wtf?

Anonymous said...

wwjd?

Anonymous said...

ROFL

Anonymous said...

Another one I have encountered is "convo me" which means communicate with me.

Becky said...

TTYL

Anonymous said...

I knew all of those :D

Don't forget HTH Hope That Helps

Anonymous said...

and I love that you said a-- instead of the word.

:love:

Anonymous said...

ITA=I totally agree :D