Monday, May 19, 2008

Channeling Davey Milligan

This post will not make any sense to you if you did not grow up in Mt. Auburn. For my fellow MTA friends reading this, I think you'll get a laugh.

This week Lucy has been "talking" much more. She makes all kinds of sounds and noises. Tonight she made me laugh when every so often the sounds "woo-woo" would come out of her mouth. All I could think of was good old Davey.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Oh the memories of Davey!

Becky said...

I will never forget when I was about 4 or 5 years old and we were coming out of Patton's Market and Davey tried to grab my mom's butt. I asked her, "why'd he do that?" I don't remember getting an answer.

Woo - woo Helen!

Anonymous said...

Does Lucy carry a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi and smoke a pipe? When she starts walking in a side-to-side motion and prefers to wear bib-overalls...you might be concerned then! LOL

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Gaye, that is so funny! I completely forgot he did that! I was laughing so hard, Lucy started laughing at me.

Anonymous said...

I remember while working at the store and the bank I didn't want to take his money. He always held change (mostly pennies) in his hand and they were filthy and wet from his sweaty hands! Yuck! I can still hear his laugh - hee hee hee!

Anonymous said...

eewww, gross! Didn't the guys at the store have to tell him when to take a bath?

Becky said...

who would have thought that the column in your blog that would draw the most comments would be one about Davey Milligan?