Thursday, December 13, 2007

Settling in

Well, we've been home with Lucy now for almost one week. Overall it's going well. The nights are tough because I've been spoiled and 8-9 hours of sleep was normal for me. Now, I'm not sure how much sleep I'm getting. I try and sleep a bit during the day when she's napping, but sometimes I feel worse after that.

Today was my first day home alone with her. Dan took the week off, but had to go in today and do the bulletin. He's the only one who know's how to run the program that it's designed in. He's taking next week off too. Most of you know that Dan runs a decal business from home and December is our busiest month. After not working for 5 days because of staying in the hospital with me, he's trying to play catch up. Just to give you an idea, he had over 800 emails to reply to and he has over 500 orders to get out. Soooo, he needs time to work at home to get caught up. I told him we'll have to try and plan the next child during one of our slower months!

We've been blessed with great friends who have been bringing us meals in the evening. It's so nice to not have to think about cooking right now. We have friends bringing us meals through next week. I will have to do some major grocery shopping after that.

Here's a picture of Lucy that I took today. Take note of the onesie she's wearing. I could not resist buying it when I saw it.

No comments: