Thursday, September 13, 2007

Moving Up


Just thought I'd post a few pictures of a sight you don't get to see too often.




If you look closely you'll see that this house has been lifted off its foundation and is getting ready to be moved.

This is where my brother Kraig and his family lives. They are going to build a new house, but instead of just bulldozing in this one, they are moving it to the back of the property. They'll hook everything back up and continue to live in this house while the new one is being built. Then the "plan" is that sometime down the road, they'll turn this old house into a second garage/storage space. They'll tear out the old basement and foundation and pour a new one in this same area. The new house will give them much needed space for their family of 4.



Sadly, I didn't get pictures of them actually moving the house to its new location. The guys working told us two times that they wouldn't move it till tomorrow. So I went home and about 30 minutes after I get home, mom calls me to tell me that they are going to move it today. So I missed it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If they wanted a mobile home, didn't they know that you and Dan had one for sale here awhile back???