Dan and I have been out of town for 3 out of the last 4 weekends. I'm all about roadtrips and traveling, but this was a bit excessive for me. I am so glad to be home and not have any upcoming trips to pack for. It's not so much the being gone that bothers me, I just hate having to pack everything up, live out of a suitcase for a few days, then get home and have to put everything away. Not to mention, that I never sleep as well when I'm not in my own bed.
So where did we go? Well, this weekend we "killed 3 birds with one stone" so to speak. First, we went to Indiana. Dan's brother and family live in Columbus, which is about 45 minutes south of Indianapolis. Jeff and April are hosting Christmas this year, but since we're going to be a little busy the first part of December, we will not be going. So, we had promised Jeff and April that we'd come over some weekend to stay and see the new house they built. That's bird #1. Another reason we picked this weekend is that Dan wanted to attend the annual Sign Show that's held in Indianapolis. He enjoys going because he gets to see all the lastest in sign equipment and get lots of new ideas for products to sell. The show was on Friday, so went to Indiana the night before so Dan would only have to drive 45 minutes to the show. There's bird #2.
Dan had also been talking about going to Cinncinati to visit the Creation Museum. It only made sense to do that this weekend as well, since we were only going to be 90 minutes from Ohio. So on Saturday we drove to Ohio, visited the museum and then drove home. There's bird #3.
The Creation Museum was very interesting and if you're ever close to it, it's worth the trip. This is a state of the art muesum that proves that God created the Earth and how so much of the "science" surrounding evolution is false. I think we'll definitely go back when our kids are older and able to understand what they're seeing.
Anyway, I am so glad to be home. My next overnight trip will be at the hospital.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
BIRD KILLER!! (just what I'd expect from a Kitty. . .)
one of the guys from my church (a medical doctor) just moved from St. Louis to go work at the Creation Museum.
just fyi :)
Post a Comment