Saturday, September 29, 2007

Getting old???


If you look very closely at this picture, you'll see that it's actually a picture of Dan and me.....Well, it might as well be. Let me explain.
This past week, pregnancy has really started to affect my hips. My right hip in particular. Earlier in the week, I could barely walk because the pain was so bad. It's gotten better over the last few days, but I'm still in constant pain when I put any weight on my right leg. So, I have been hobbling around the house and I definetly have a waddle to my walk.
Why would Dan need a scooter? Well, this weekend he had a special event for the martial arts class he is taking. It's called Warrior Weekend. They camped out from 6pm Friday till noon on Saturday. During the campout they also did drills and learned new moves. Dan gave me a call on his way home this afternoon and told me he had an injury, but that it wasn't serious. When he gets home I notice he's limping up the sidewalk and that his foot is wrapped. During a move where he was getting flipped, he landed wrong on his foot and it might be broken. Luckily, there is a doctor that's also taking the class and he took Dan to the hospital and got an xray, but we won't get the results till tomorrow. So we are hoping that it's just a bad sprain, but this evening, he can't put any weight on his foot at all and it's pretty swollen.
So, Dan and I make quite the pair these days. I usually rely on him to help me get around, and now I'm having to help him.
To see us walk around the house, you'd think we were 80 years old!

1 comment:

Becky said...

What did you find out from the doctor?