Here's a picture of my latest crafty project. I found this really old window frame at an antiques store a few months back. I painted the frame black, printed copies of some of my favorite old family photos, and then Dan helped attach them to the glass with some clear vinyl. I love the way it turned out. It's hanging in our hallway. Eventually Dan's mom is going to get me some copies of old family photos from his side and I'll use them to make a grouping on either side of this one. I have such a facination for family history and my mom's side of the family has some really beautiful old pictures. I am so glad that they are hanging up for us to enjoy every day.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
K,
I'm so glad to find someone else that loves old family photos. Dave and I hang all of our family photos-old and new-in the upstairs landing of our house (wherever that happens to be at the time. gives guests something to do while they wait in line for the shower in the morning).
Although I don't do much with actual collaging like you, it takes me months, sometimes years to pick out the perfect frame or find the perfect basic frame to decorate. Then, I take all of the frames/photos off of the wall, and the collage is actually how I FIT the frames together to form a single artful entity.
Am I obsessive compulsive? Just plain neurotic?
It took me 8 years to choose the perfect wall hanging for our master bedroom. 8 YEARS. I'm starting to see why my mom always said I would never get married because I was too picky about everything in my life. Luckily, the hubby's mom always said the same thing about it.
love your messages about being married. I too, LOVE being married. that's it for now. this whole blog thing is too fun and I can see it becoming addictive.
Post a Comment