Ok, it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post and I am feeling pressured to write something. I don't really have anything exciting to add, so I'll just put down a few details of what's been happening the last few weeks.
Martha Stewart's perfect chocolate cake isn't so perfect after all. For months now I have been wanting to make this cake, She made it on her show and it looked so good. I figured if it's from Martha Stewart's recipe book then it should be wonderful. Well, I have mixed feelings about this cake. The cake itself was good, although I over baked it a bit even though I took in out 5 minutes sooner than it called for. The ganache that went over it I could have done without. If I make it again I 'll do things a bit differently. I just get carried away with Martha Stewart stuff and always think her recipes are going to be better that what I've done in the past. Sometims, Kristin does know best!
My Grandma Eva has had to go live in an assisted living home. She's only been there a few weeks. And since it is a brand new facility, she is only one of three residents living in the memory loss wing. We, and by that I mean my brothers and sister and all their family went to visit with her tonight. The home is really nice and has a very upscale feel to it. Eva's not particulary happy about being there and would rather go home. But after her little adventure around the town where she lived, the family decided she needed supervision. We have discovered that our grandma has quite a fiesty side. Grandma and one of the other residents don't really get along. I guess they got in an argument last week that lasted 4 hours! They live in the memory loss wing... you'd have thought that they'd both have forgotten about the argument at some point. And grandma tried taking a swing a the lady. I didn't know my grandma had it in her. I hope that they get more residents soon...and hopefully they'll be people that Eva likes! :)
I am totally addicted to American Idol. I get sucked into this show every season. I really like the 17 year old girl, Paris. I think she's really good. For the guys, I think I like the rocker guy Chris. He reminds me of someone, I just don't know who.
Dan and I bought a new refrigerator on Saturday. It's getting delivered on Tuesday and I can't wait. It's so cute. It's stainless steel with the freezer on bottom and the french door refrigerator top. our kitchen is going to look so different... and smaller because our fridge now is dinky and doesn't even fill the whole space.
Well, that's enough ramblings for one night. Good night
Sunday, February 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
K,
I have to ask, where did you BUY that refrigerator? My in-laws own an appliance store in your neck of the woods.
Post a Comment